Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
NYC BigApps 3.0 Hackathon
Friday, November 11, 2011 at 7:00 PM - Sunday, November 13, 2011 at 5:00 PM (EST)
New York, NY
Join other NYC BigApps 3.0 participants for the first NYC BigApps Hackathon! This weekend-long hackathon is for anyone planning to participate in NYC BigApps 3.0.
- Friday, Nov. 11 from 7 p.m to 9 pm.:
Kickoff event at Pivotal Labs
- Saturday, Nov. 12 from 10 a.m. (through the night) to Sunday, Nov. 13 at 1 p.m.:
Hacking at Pivotal Labs
- Sunday, Nov. 13 at 2:30 p.m.:
Presentations, judging, prizes
And here's what you can look forward to:
- Develop ideas, brainstorm, explore NYC Open Data
- Find teammates and contribute your skills
- Build something amazing to help NYC
- Talk to representatives from companies providing APIs
- Compete for $2,500 in prizes for the best hacks!
Like NYC BigApps submissions, hacks must use data from NYC Open Data and will be judged on the quality of the idea, implementation, and potential impact.
Register now! Spaces will be offered on a first come, first served basis as long as you show serious intent to create a software application. If you have to cancel, please email us at info@NYCBigApps.com so we can accommodate another participant.
Please note: the NYC BigApps 3.0 Hackathon is intended to help you create a potential submission for NYC BigApps 3.0. To participate in the hackathon, you need to meet the eligibility requirements for NYC BigApps 3.0, described at http://2011.NYCBigApps.com/details/rules. However, hacks you create at the hackathon will be judged independently. Your participation and creations will not increase or decrease your chances of winning NYC BigApps 3.0. Please note: because prizes are involved, hacks must be newly created for the hackathon.
- Add your info (name/skills) + any project ideas to the NYC BigApps 3.0 Hackathon Google Doc
- Jot down some questions for representatives from NYC Open Data and select NYC API partners
- Check out the data